Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beginning of Week 37 (36 weeks 0 days)

This has been a crazy productive week! First, I can't believe there are only 4 weeks left, that is crazy!  Although sometimes saying 4 weeks sounds so close and sometimes it seems so far away still!!  No major changes with the baby this week, he/she just keeps growing and kicking!  I have another dr appointment on Friday, so hopefully things will remain unchanged.  After that I will be going to the dr every week!  I have been having some contractions every once in awhile, I am pretty sure they are Braxton Hicks.  If only real contractions felt like this - very little pain, haha! 

This week's productivity include finishing all of my sewing projects and getting almost finished with the nursery.  I ended up making 2 changing table sheets, a crib skirt, a receiving blanket, and tab curtains.  Everything turned out great.  Kristin spent the day today helping me stencil letters and numbers around the top of the room as a border, which looks awesome!  Now all I have left is to hang frames on the walls, and organize and put everything away in the nursery and the closet upstairs where the baby will spend the first few months of his/her life.  I even packed my hospital bag this week!  I also finished buying things off my target registry this week.  I am finally feeling a little more prepared.  Mom asked what I was going to do for the whole month of July and I said "relax"!! I promise to post pictures of the finished nursery once everything is put away!  I also browned and froze 11 and a 1/2 pounds of hamburger to use once the baby is born!

So, moment of confession, I am very very nervous for the upcoming labor.  I am worried that Jed will be at work and I will not call him early enough to have time to get there, or that I will call him too early and it will just be false labor, haha!  I don't handle pain that well, so I am very worried for the whole labor experience, but I can't wait to meet our baby, so it will all be worth it!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good - I'm not the only one that doesn't handle pain well at all. I want to stay home and labor as long as possible, we'll see how that goes :) YAY 4 weeks left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not have to worry about calling Jed and the doctor will want to induce you, so you don't have to worry about that part.

    ReplyDelete