Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beginning of Week 34 (33 weeks 0 days)

Time is flying so fast, I can't believe it! 7 weeks to go, that is just plain crazy! I am still feeling pretty good, but I am really not enjoying this heat that we have been having lately. Hands are definitely swelling whenever I am out in the heat for too long. I went swimming for the first time yesterday and it felt so amazing! It was really weird for my belly not to feel heavy anymore. My gym is starting water aerobics classes next week that I am hoping to attend.

My weight has definitely been continuing to sky rocket lately, not quite sure what to do to slow it down. I know I need to work out more, but the whole eating thing is frustrating because there are days I feel like I can't eat enough to actually be satisfied/full.

This past weekend was very fun and busy. My parents were here this past weekend to replace our stair railing, it turned out awesome!


I had class at WU all day on Friday, so my parents and Jed worked really hard all day long and were mostly finished by Friday night. They put the finishing touches on Saturday morning. They did a fantastic job. We replaced 14 ballisters with 29, there is no way Baby Lake is falling through the railing!

This weekend was also my Topeka baby shower. We had an awesome turn out and it was so much fun. People got to guess how big my belly was around, guess what they thought the gender of the baby and the name was going to be, and eat great food. I got so many awesome gifts. Now, it is time to start organizing them all! I was exhausted by the end of the day on Saturday, and I realized how hard it is for me to just sit and let other people do things while I just sit there. Luckily I have great family that forces me to rest, haha!

Our next project includes painting the nursery, shampooing the carpet, and putting together the crib!

3 comments:

  1. We need to do the same thing with our entry way banister... we aren't looking forward to it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have been able to do it without my dad - he used to be a woodworking teacher and is awesome at stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy these last few weeks some say bonding begins the first few weeks home from hospital in reality i found the last few weeks of preg. when you really have those little conversations with baby growing inside when no one else is around...

    ReplyDelete