Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I guess I will drink more water...

Well - our quick doctor's appointment today turned into a four hour excursion that included a trip to the hospital birthplace. At the doctor's office, I mentioned that the baby wasn't moving as much as I thought it should so she said we would put the monitor on me and see. Well, of course the baby was sleeping away, so they gave me some orange juice and had me sit up. Well, this caused the monitor to pick up the contractions that I was having about every 3 minutes (they were mild, so I didn't honestly know that's what they were). This concerned my dr since I am only 29 weeks, so she ran a preterm labor lab test and checked me. I wasn't dilated at all, but the baby was hanging out pretty low, so she wanted me to take the lab test over to the hospital and have them monitor me. At the hospital I continued to have contractions but not enough that the monitor picked up much and not enough that the dr was concerned. My pre-term labor test was negative, so the baby should be baking for at least a few more weeks! They aren't really positive what is causing the contractions, but it could possibly be dehydration, so I am supposed to drink tons of water. I go back to the dr in a week, and hopefully the contractions will have stopped by then. It is wayyyy too early for Baby Lake to come!

1 comment:

  1. hope everything turns out ok! Our babies need to bake for at least 7 more week, and as my due date buddy, you have to wait :)

    ReplyDelete