Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Beginning of Week 40 (39 weeks 0 days)

Well, today was the day I was shooting for this whole pregnancy for having this baby and I only have 3 hours left, so I don't think it is going to happen!  This seemed like a good day as it was half way in between my original due date and my actual due date.  It seemed like I would never reach 40 weeks, and now today I starting week 40!  I have a dr's appointment tomorrow, so we will see if I have made any changes.  I am going to be fairly upset if I haven't as I had a few pretty uncomfortable days at the beginning of this week with tons of sporadic contractions and back pain.  If only those sporadic contractions would actually turn into the real thing, haha.

I have been swimming 4 times this week and that is pretty much the only time I feel total relief.  With the temperature over 100 degrees and my back not feeling the greatest, the pool feels fantastic!   They are saying this is the worst heatwave since the summer of 1980....of course, the summer I am 9 months pregnant, lol.  I am trying not to complain too much as I still have had a fairly easy pregnancy and we have air conditioning! 

No other major changes this week - I have just been trying to stay busy so I don't go stir crazy!  Luckily I have great friends and family that keep me distracted.  When I look at my picture from this week I'm not honestly sure how I am still standing up straight and not falling on my face with my huge belly sticking out in front of me.

Received some not very good news today - I finally called my daycare lady that I had arranged months ago to make sure everything was still in order and was told that the help she had quit last week so she didn't have room for any more kids anymore....awesome....a week before my due date and I lose my daycare that I had done so well to arrange so long ago....so tomorrow I get to spend time on the phone trying to find another daycare option.  Prayers are definitely needed.  Luckily I don't need daycare until the middle of September, but even when I called a few months ago people barely had openings.  I guess this is just another thing that doesn't go according to my wonderful plans.....

3 comments:

  1. I remember trying to hold up that belly! You are going to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...daycare is frustrating, but it does have its way of working out. Maybe the next daycare setting will be better than the first anyway. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are getting SO close... i don't think Brycen is going to come out on his own, but regardless and HOPEFULLY this time next week I'll be holding him!

    ReplyDelete