Thursday, July 21, 2011

39 week Dr appointment

I had my dr's appointment today.  Everything still looked good and the heart rate was going strong.  I had progressed a 1/2 cm to 2 cm total and had thinned out a little bit (I wonder if she just told me that though because I told her I wasn't going to be happy with her if I hadn't made any changes, haha).  I am supposed to start doing kick counts twice a day to make sure I get enough movement.  I have one more week until my due date, so I have an appointment this coming Wed (on my due date) where they will do non-stress test (where they monitor baby's heart rate, baby's movement, and my contractions to make sure the baby is responding appropriately to movement and contractions) and we will talk about my options.  She is ok with me going a week over due, but unfortunately my dr (who I really like) is going to be out of town the first week of August.

1 comment:

  1. so exciting! I'm hoping to make some decent progress before tuesday so they don't have to start me on pitocin (but rather break my water)... fingers crossed for a medicine free induction! YAY WE ARE SO CLOSE!

    ReplyDelete