Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beginning of Week 38 (37 weeks 0 days)

Only 3 weeks to go - holy cow!!  This week has been another good week, I am starting to feel quite big, but I guess that is to be expected!  I have been having some back issues this week, but what do you expect when you are carrying a watermelon around in your stomach, lol. 

I had a dr's appointment this past Friday and had my Group B strep test.  I still haven't heard back from that yet, so I'm not sure if it was positive or negative.  I am hoping no news is good news.  I go back again this Friday so I guess I will find out for sure then.  At the dr's appointment I found out I was 1 1/2 cm dilated and the baby is very low head down.  The doctor said that the baby is in an excellent position, which was great to hear!  I am hoping the baby will decide to show up on time or a little early!   We get to have a sonogram at this week's dr's appointment which I am incredibly excited about.  We haven't seen pictures of our little one since 20 weeks! 

I am looking forward to my sister-in-law and my niece coming down this weekend to spend some time with us.  Girl time with them and my mother-in-law should be fun! 

I am wondering if nesting will ever kick in.  I have decided that nesting will be official when I start caring about how clean the rest of the house besides the baby's room is.  That hasn't happened yet, lol.  I did clean the kitchen and dining room, but that's just because company is coming, haha!

Pregnancy brain struck this past week - I was making 3 pounds of hamburger into meatballs to freeze for Jed to be able to just pull out of the freezer and cook after the baby is born and I remembered two nights later that I hadn't put the eggs into the recipe.  People tell me they should taste ok, they just might not stick together, so I will probably just keep them in the freezer and hope they work out! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! No dilation here as of last thursday... I go back to the dr tomorrow - so hopefully I'm making SOME progress. I'm so excited to meet this baby!!!

    ReplyDelete