Thursday, April 21, 2011

Beginning of Week 27 (26 weeks 1 day)

This week is marked by Baby Lake opening his/her eyes - I guess we should start playing flashlight tag with him/her!  Although, the baby might get annoyed and either kick me harder or decide he/she wants to come out, which definitely shouldn't happen!!

I had another doctor's appointment this past week - this one was the wonderful one where I got to do the glucose test, which consisted of drinking an orange drink then waiting an hour to get my blood drawn.  Luckily during that hour wait I got to see my doctor, so the wait didn't seem too bad.  The doctor said everything was measuring perfectly and I heard the wonderful heartbeat again.  The doctor said I would only hear back from them if the test results were not good, and I haven't heard back in 2 days - so I am assuming everything is fine with my glucose test - yay!!

The craziest thing about this past week is that my countdown to the due date is now in the double digits!!

4 comments:

  1. YAY for double digits and for passing your test! 14 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That orange drink reminded me of Crush as a kid. Even got the same ol' sugar high. Yummy....
    Found your car seat manual and another ad booklet in your car seat box in the garage. Lemme know if I should mail it to you (you need it for installation) or wait until June 4th to give it to you.... Love, hugs, and belly rubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby bump!! You've grown in the few weeks since I've seen you! I am so glad to hear things are still going well for you. Love all you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I havent tried the flashlight yet...but I definitely will!

    For me the nursery was something to keep me busy. I wasn't sure when summer heat would hit, and I didn't want to be too big and uncomfortable. Hubby allowed me to do it all although he offered to help a few times (it was relaxing and therapeutic to do it myself). I need to figure out another craft project to keep me busy.

    ReplyDelete