Thursday, September 1, 2011

5 weeks old!

Today I went to my postpartum doctor's appointment, hard to believe enough time has passed that it is time for that already!  Everything looked great for me, so that was good to hear.

We had Ethan's 1 month dr appointment this past Tuesday.  She said he looked fantastic and was growing at a great rate.  He went from the 90th percentile to 97th percentile, haha!  He has been having some crusty buildup in his right eye for the past week or so.  The Dr doesn't like to take chances when it comes to vision, so she went ahead and prescribed some eye ointment.  It could possibly be conjunctivitis (infection) or a clogged tear duct.  If it is an infection the ointment should help, if it is the tear duct hopefully it will work itself out.  Putting eye ointment on a squirmy infant is not fun, trust me!  I learned a lesson as a mother though, make the dr show you how to put the medicine on.  She told me, but I wasn't sure what I was doing, so I had to look it up online, haha.

He also has been having a rash on his stomach, back, and face.  I thought it was still baby acne (which some of it was), but most of it turned out to be heat rash.  Ethan is such a hot baby that he gets heat rash very easily.

Finally, Ethan had eaten not too long before we went to the dr, and she felt his belly and it was full of gas; this means I was probably right with my assessment that he was having some gas pains.  We are trying gas drops, not sure if they are helping, but we will see.

We are getting ready to head to Western KS for his baptism tomorrow, wish us luck on the car ride!!


He loves his dad!!

Really mom...!

We try to take at least a 30 min walk every morning.  He loves it, aka he falls asleep almost instantly.  Only one time has he not fallen asleep, and that whole time he was fighting sleep, haha!  I turn on the Pandora Baby Radio Station, and off we go.  I am glad we have a nice neighborhood to walk in.  I can't wait for it to cool down though!

I try my best to swaddle, but he finds his way out.  He looked like he was trying to be a mime, haha!

Seriously....this is the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment