Thursday, August 4, 2011

Holy Cow - 1 week already!

Somehow our baby boy is already a week old.  I can't believe that a week ago at this time we were talking about a possible C-section and our baby boy was almost ready to make his arrival.  We have had a great last week and are looking forward to many wonderful weeks to come.

At his one week dr's appointment here were Ethan's stats

Weight: 9 lbs 13 oz (95th percentile)
Length: 22 inches (75th percentile)
Head circumference: 38 cm (50-75th percentil)

Dr said he was looking awesome, and is gaining weight like a champ.  He will go back to the dr on August 30. 

Ethan is an awesome baby - he hates to be swaddled, he loves to sleep on an incline, he loves to kick his legs, he loves to sleep on people's chests if he is already asleep, he is doing great at eating, and is possibly the most perfect baby ever, haha!

We made our first non-dr outing today, we went to Target and Babies R Us and he slept the entire time.  I still can't carry him in the carseat or drive, so I am relying on my mom and Jed a lot.  I am trying not to over do it, but I am recovering quite well from the c-section. 

Enjoy the pictures!

 Ethan knows all about KSU by now!

 Our first attempt at tummy time

 Ethan on the way to the pediatrician

Ethan's first shopping trip to Target - he slept the entire time!

3 comments:

  1. Cannot believe our babies are a week old! Are you breastfeeding? I wanted to but it just wasn't in the cards for us. Can't complain as Brycen is sleeping 4-5 hours at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am breastfeeding - Ethan and I are doing really well with it. We have had a decent last few nights and he does great with sleeping during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Brent and I need to make a trip to Topeka sometime soon so I can see Ethan in person! Love you guys, and I'm so happy everything is going so well for you all!

    ReplyDelete