Monday, August 1, 2011

Ethan's first outing

Ethan had his first outing today - we went back to the breast feeding clinic at the hospital to have his jaundice levels looked at and have his weight checked.  He started at 9 lbs 15.4 oz, when we left the hospital he was down to 9 lbs 3.2 oz, and no worries, by today he was back up to 9 lbs 6 oz, so a 3 oz gain in one day, haha!  They say they are happy with a half ounce gain in one, so 3 oz is awesome.  He is definitely getting his share of food.  After the hospital we went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription for me and then headed home.  He did pretty well in the car seat, so that was good! 



We had a fairly rough first night home, he was wanting to feed every hour to hour and a half and would feed for a little bit then would fall asleep and just not be interested.  After finding out that he is gaining a great amount of weight, hopefully I can not stress out so much.  Luckily I have a great support system to help me through this time.  Jed did a great job getting up with me every time since I can't carry him all that well without hurting my incision and I can't get out of bed by myself yet (can't sit up after surgery yet)  He is already an awesome father! I did get a few naps today thanks to my parents and Jed, so I am doing pretty good.  We will see how tonight goes.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! I remember that pain associated with the incision ...trust me...it will get better! Ethan is super handsome. I can't wait to meet him! Congrats you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Ethan, you couldn't be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete