Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First set of shots :(

Ethan had his first set of shots today at the dr.  He had one shot right after he was born, but I wasn't there for that so I don't consider that his first shot, haha! 

Unfortunately when I went to pick him up from daycare he had just fallen asleep.  He stayed asleep until I had to take him out of the carseat and did great for awhile.  Unfortunately when the dr started poking around he decided that he was mad he wasn't still asleep and started screaming.  This screaming just continued into the shots.  I didn't cry, which I figured I would.  After the shots we had to wait 15 min to make sure there were no reactions, so I cuddled with him to settle him down then I nursed him right back to sleep!  He did fairly well last night, just a little more sad than normal and then slept like normal last night.  Hopefully he is fine today!  I didn't like seeing him in pain, but I got through it just like I do when I get my own shots - I made sure not to look at the needle, haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment